In the middle of a semester or crazy work week, we’re often daydreaming about our next vacation, yearning for some time for ourselves. Well, you don’t need to run off into the woods, go to the beach or travel across the world to find a space to reflect and rejuvenate
The Heartfulness Way Retreat is a day-long meditation retreat aimed at providing students and millennials in Atlanta an opportunity to relax, introspect and connect with like-minded individuals. This experiential program will include a digital detox (no phones or laptops), silent reflection time, as well as small group discussions. It will be centered around the newly released, bestselling book, The Heartfulness Way, which beautifully uncovers what it means to live by the heart and offers practical tips on how to meditate.
Expect to learn how to deal with the daily stresses of student life and to find a space to dive deep within yourself. We don’t need to run into the forest in order to find happiness – contentment can be found right here in the city!
This schedule is subject to change, but here’s a general idea of what to expect.
9:30 -10:15am : Registration and Introductions
10:15 – 11:00am : Yoga
11:00 – 12:00am : Intro to Meditation and Practical Session
12:00 – 12:30pm : Group Activity and Readings
12:30 – 1:30pm : Lunch and Social time
1:30 – 2:15pm : Meditation Session
2:15 – 3:45pm : Group Activity and Readings
3:45 – 4:30pm : Quiet Time
What to Expect
- Digital Detox (no phones)
- Practical Meditation Sessions (no prior experience needed!)
- Group Discussions
- Lunch (included with registration)
- Readings and Reflections from “The Heartfulness Way” (included with registration)
The Meditation Club at Georgia Tech
The Georgia Tech Meditation Club is a community of students interested in learning about and practicing meditation as a way of improving our mental well-being.
The club provides various meditation practices on a weekly basis including heartfulness, mindfulness, and more!
To learn more about these practices, visit our website http://126323.orgsync.com/org/meditationclub. Follow the club on Facebook to stay up to date on upcoming events and engage with other members online
Since 1945, Heartfulness meditation practices have spread to millions of people worldwide. These practices are offered free of charge to people fifteen years of age and above, and Heartfulness Relaxation can be taught to children. Today there are thousands of certified Heartfulness volunteer trainers serving people in over 130 countries. They are supported by Kamlesh D. Patel, who is also known as Daaji. You can learn more about Daaji at daaji.org.
Heartfulness organizations manage various programs and facilities worldwide, including:
- Scholarships for students from all continents to attend advanced training programs
- Cutting-edge research on the effects of meditation
- ‘Conscious Living’ programs on values and life skills for teachers and students in schools
- Programs in colleges and universities, and in corporate and government organizations
- Programs for villagers and tribal communities
- Free medical clinics
- Ashrams, meditation centers, research facilities and retreat centers
Heartfulness Institute Activities in Metro Atlanta
- Free weekly group meditations in Cumming, Roswell, Alpharetta, Marietta, Sandy Springs, and Norcross
- Over 45 skilled trainers in metro Atlanta; all meditation sessions provided free of charge
- Free Relaxation and meditation programs at libraries, parks, neighborhood clubhouses, corporates, schools and temples.
About The Heartfulness Way
Building on ageless oral tradition, Kamlesh D. Patel – widely known as Daaji, the fourth guru in the Heartfulness tradition – traces a seeker’s journey as he examines the nature of spiritual search. Through a series of illuminating conversations between a teacher and a student, Daaji reveals the principles of the Heartfulness practice and philosophy to Joshua Pollock, a Heartfulness practitioner and trainer.
If you knew there was a practical way to transcend suffering and fly into the sky of hope and contentment, would you be interested?
That is exactly what Heartfulness offers – transforming us from the inside out so that we see the world in a new way, without the filters of our limitations.